F-J | K-O | P-T
- force field: A barrier of energy, usually strong
enough to prevent solid or liquid objects or concussive
forms of energy from penetrating it.
- gamma radiation: High-energy electromagnetic radiation
that in large doses is lethal to most living beings.
- genetic: Having to do with the genes, the section
of a cell of a living being that contains the molecule DNA
(deoxyribonucleic acid), which controls the transmission
of hereditary characteristics from parent to offspring.
- genetics: The study of the process of heredity
of physical characteristics in living organisms.
- ghost: The astral body of a being who has died.
- giant: A certain humanoid being native to the Asgardian
realm of Jotunheim, Olympus, and possibly other extradimensional
worlds as well.
- god: A humanoid being with a longer lifespan and
greater physical powers than human beings, whose kinsmen
or self has once been worshipped by humanity. Some races
of gods, such as the Olympians, are for all practical purposes,
immortal. All races of gods now dwell on some extra dimensional
world, although they may have lived on Earth in ancient
times. There seems to be a special connection between the
gods who were once worshipped on Earth and Earth itself.
- graviton: A theoretical particle carrying the force
- Homo mermanus: An evolutionary offshoot of humanity
who possess gills and dwell underwater. It is not yet known
how this sub-species came into being. Home mermanus are
popularly called Atlanteans, although the term properly
refers only to the citizens of the Atlantean empire.
- Homo superior: A commonly used term for describing
all superhumanly powerful mutant human beings as members
of a new species. Technically speaking, each superhumanly
powerful mutant with a different power or set of powers
from the others is probably a member of his or her own subspecies
of Homo sapiens (Latin for "thinking man.") However,
there is some evidence that all superhumanly powerful mutants
have some characteristics in common that normal humanity
does not share: for example, these mutants all emit distinctive
psionic waves. There is also reason to believe that these
mutants are the first wave of a newly evolving superhuman
- houngan: A priest in the religion of voodoo.
- humanoid: Having virtually the same physical characteristics
as a human being. Only a normal Earth human being can properly
be termed human, although mutants, Eternals, and Inhumans
can be classified as human under a broader definition of
the term. Beings who greatly resemble human beings in physical
characteristics, but are not exactly like them are humanoids.
Beings who resemble humans in some major outward physical
characteristics but not in others that are of equal importance
are called semi-humanoids.
- hyperspace: A dimension accessible from Earth whose
physical laws differ from Earth's in the following ways.
First, it is possible to surpass the speed of light within
hyperspace. Second, hyperspace is "warped" in
comparison to Earth's dimension so that the distance between
two points in hyperspace might be immensely shorter than
the distance between the equivalent points in Earth's dimension.
Interstellar travel is impractical for any sentient race
that has not discovered the means of traveling through hyperspace
in order to reach a destination in their own dimension.
Hyperspace is also known as sub-space (which is sometimes
confused with the Negative Zone) and warp-space. It is accessible
through naturally occurring or artificially created nexuses
in space called space warps.
- incubus: A male demonic creature who feeds upon
the life essence of living beings.
- interdimensional: Of or having to do with the space
between two universes, each of which exists in its own dimension.
| F-J | K-O | P-T